Popular Posts

Thursday, March 26, 2015

What am I doing this fall?

I blogged a while back about Hannah and how she would always ask "what are we doing tomorrow?".  I miss those days.  Now the questions have so much more riding on them.  What in the world is she doing this fall???

She was accepted at UMHB....but couldn't play golf there.  She was accepted at LeTourneau and could play golf there, but we found out last night that we really couldn't really pay for it.  Last night as I tucked her in, there were tears because she was so overwhelmed.  What in the world will I do? she asked.  She had no  direction...she was very depressed. 

This morning she woke up with the same questions.  We talked and then we got back to the idea of junior college at Blinn.  Our constant fall back.  And living with Emily in College Station in her new townhouse.  Not sure how we'd afford it, but we would manage, I am sure.  But that didn't seem to be the right answer somehow.  Not just that it wasn't what she wanted to do, but more than that... I dont' know what the problem was exactly.

She took a deep breath in and spoke.  "I just keep going back to...theater.  I know part of it is because we're in the middle of one act season and because I just got best actress, but I am good at it and I enjoy it."  I said, "Then why don't you just do Blinn for a year and then...."  "No, that doesn't get me anywhere unless I want to live in Brenham" she said.  "I don't have anyone in Brenham".  Sad really...she did have someone.  Dillon had been her someone and broke up with her almost a year ago.  Left her last spring, just drove  away and never looked back.  Hard to understand and harder to forgive.  But, easier to take when  you trust God and His plan for her.  Anyway, she was right.  No one in Brenham to room with, no one to hang out with, no one to connect with.  She then said, "But what about McClennon Community College  and living with K'Lynn in Waco?"  I said "Do they have a theater program at MCC?"  "Yes, they actually have a good one" she said, "but do you think I could actually live with K'Lynn? "  "Hmmm....you two might just kill each other!" I replied.   "Or", she said, "we might just have the best time."   Yep...that felt right. 

She immediately called her sister and was greeted with a squeal and an excited conversation followed.  We had discussed this as a possibility, months ago.  K'Lynn had said she would move into a 2 bedroom apartment and we could pay the difference in the rent.  We talked about her being able to share other expenses with K'Lynn and how nice that would be.  Later in the morning, I texted Hannah and asked about sending a deposit to UMHB, which we had discussed the night before.  She asked me not to send the deposit now.  She felt good about it.  She has a new direction.  Not sure what will happen after that, but  for now, she has a new idea of what she is doing this fall..  

No comments:

Post a Comment