Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Crazy little thing called love...

Love has had so many different meanings to me during the 46 years I have been on this earth.  When I was young, I loved toys or candy  or certain TV shows.  As a teenager, I thought I "loved" several  young men- many of which never even knew I existed.  While still a teenager, I was blessed to have had a glimpse of love when I met Kyle and God allowed this to mature into what I know today as love.  So thankful I was given that chance at the tender age of 14.

As I grew older and we had a family, love came to mean different things.  Without a doubt, I loved K'Lynn, Ryan and Hannah as each of them were born.  I loved the father that Kyle grew to be over the years.  I loved how he nurtured our children and showed love to them.  My heart expanded to include love for a niece, several nephews, brothers in law, sisters in law, friends, children of friends, church members...the list was long.

About 3 years ago, I realized that I had added a few people to my family list, and therefore the list of those that I love.  Don't know when it happened, because it was gradual.  This included a couple of extra sons, their wives, their children, a friend I loved like a sister, her family, and an extra set of parents I picked up along the way. Bobby  had lived with us for many years.  His wife Freda and their kids were part of our clan.  We don't see them often, but they are definitely included when I think of our family.   Andrew and Kim, Audra and Austen- nearly blood.  Definitely count Kim and Drew as my own.   Those babies couldn't be much more a part of my life than they are. Love... Yes, that's the right word.  Kristi...what do I even say about her and how she became my best friend?  That, in itself, is a whole book.  I love her and her family, feel so blessed to know them.  Mrs. Jan and Mr. Mitchell- the parents Kyle and I didn't have when we moved to Hempstead in 1997.  There for us no matter what, faithful friends and running buddies- love them like family for sure.  We lost Mr. Mitchell to pancreatic cancer this year.  I miss him...

This thing called love...how do you explain it?  How do you sum it up in a few words or in a paragraph?  It must be experienced.  It must be lived.  It must be felt.  It is truly a crazy thing, and I am so very thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment