Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A mother's heart...

I remember when you were born.  I remember how much hope and promise you brought with you.  I have always wanted so much for you.  I have prayed for your health, for your decisions, for your heart, for your walk with Christ, for your attitude, for your future, for your purity, for your spouse, for your children, and about 1000 other things.  I have watched you love, watched you win, watched you grow, watched you have your heart broken, watched you lose, watched you learn, watched you serve, watched you worship, watched you lead...day by day, up and down, little by little.  I have been angry, thrilled, disappointed, proud, scared, speechless, and in awe of you.  I have wanted to hold you, kiss you, protect you,  spank you, cheer for you and I have even wanted to take your place when I knew the situation would be so very difficult.  I am much like any other mother would be.  I love you with all that I am and all that I have.

When I think about your future, I try not to envision too many details.  I have guessed before and have been seemingly very wrong.  I have predicted the future, only to have that future change drastically and prove me to be very bad at fortune telling.  I have  even said and done things to try to influence you to get to where I though you were going.  Trouble is, I am not in charge of where you are going.  Only God can see where He is steadily leading you.  You, as a believer, have the Holy Spirit within you to keep you on that path.  I trust Him, I trust you.

I am proud of where you are today.  It has been a long journey to get here.  You are not where you want to be yet, but in time you will be.  You are doing the things that it takes to achieve your goals.  You are making good choices.  You have the right people beside you.  You are not working from a place of self.  You are more like your Daddy than you are like me.  All of these things are positives!  You are my child and I could not have ordered you any more well designed than you are.  Cannot wait to see what is coming next.  I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment