Popular Posts

Saturday, August 17, 2013

It all started 28 years ago

Today is my anniversary.  I married the man of my dreams 28 years ago today.  I should actually say I married the young man of my dreams...he grew into the man of my dream as time has passed.

I have told this story before.  I was 16, Kyle was 19.  I was pregnant with our precious daughter K'Lynn and we had just found this out a week before.  After a really short "engagement" of a week and the help of all of our families, we stood at the altar.  Bro. George Thomas did our services.  I borrowed his sweet wife Vicky's wedding dress.  Carol did the flowers, Linda Ann did the cake.  Mark took the pictures, Linda and my sister Debbie stood with me.  Lance and Russell were Kyle's attendants, and my baby brother Adam was the ring bearer.  I don't even remember having a flower girl, but who knows.  That was a long time ago.

We married on a Saturday and went that night for a quick honeymoon to Texarkana.  We ate steaks for supper at Bonanza and stayed at the  La Quinta.  I remember so many parts of that special day, but have forgotten many more.  All in all, it was a wonderful day filled with such hope and joy.  I know there had to be those in the church that day that questioned what we were doing, but I was not focused on them.  I had a peace despite the circumstances and uncertainty.  I knew God had a plan.

His plan was rich and woven with tears and laughter.  His plan brought people into and out of our lives.  His plan had amazing trips, lots of quiet nights, travel to other countries, and even a travel trailer.  His plan would include birth children, chosen children, friends children, and youth group members that felt like our own children.  His plan has allowed Kyle and I  to become "Honey " and "Pop" to a precious baby girl, the first of many to come.  His plan would bring some families close to ours, and would rip others away unexpectedly.  His plan would bring us through wrecks, illness, surgeries, births, deaths, moves, pets, horses, and so much more... Through it all, His plan was a road map for His will.  Each step taking us closer to the ultimate goal of moving us where He needed us to reach more people for Him.

So, after 28 years, I find myself more committed than ever to this life.  Not only to this marriage, but to this calling.  I am here, with my precious husband, until God calls one of us home.  I am here...I am thankful...I am...blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment