Popular Posts

Thursday, August 19, 2010

From FB..."I am watching, although silently" from February 7, 2010

You know, FB is a wierd place. I see people that I have known thoughout the years on here, many I am very close with , others I only know a little bit. Some of these people I used to know very well, but haven't seen in years. Some I see on a daily basis. The funny thing about FB is that it is a glimpse into their souls sometimes. Here's what I mean...



I saw you write that sweet status about how much you love your spouse and children...it made me think about my own and made me thank God that you are doing so well.



I saw how frustrated you were with others when you updated the other day...and I prayed for you.



I realized by reading your status that you are now doing some things that you never did when I lived near you. That made me sad...would it be different if I could still influence your life on a daily basis? Is that what you learned in youth group? Hmmm....



I know now how to pray for you by reading you thoughts...seems like you are struggling in a couple of areas. I will do that for you without us ever talking about it out loud.



I see that your marriage is not working out...I wonder if my posts will encourage you to try harder?



I ask God to give you strength in regards to your child since today was a hard one for you. I write on your wall and say "we've all been there!"



This morning, you wrote that you were getting your family ready for church...I am very proud that your faith is being passed along to your children.



You tell me to "have a great day in the Lord" and somehow I really take that advise!



We are able to bear each other's burdens through the words and thoughts shared on here: death, birth, divorce, lost jobs, new jobs, victories, defeats.....life.





Remember that I am watching, although silently. Sometimes what you write pains me for you, sometimes I rejoice. I don't always comment, but I do always react. You are being prayed for and thought of with every post. God is that way too, you know. He is always aware of our needs and is actively woring to accomplish His will. He does all of this without Facebook!! As for the status updates, keep them coming...I love being able to get a glimpse into your soul.



Have a blessed day...I know I will!!

No comments:

Post a Comment