Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I really wanted to send the stupid email...

Tried to send an email tonight to tell a total jerk that he is just that. Had a battle of the wills going on in my head and the holy spirit won. Here is how it went:

Me: This guy is a jerk! If I dont' tell him all the things he's done wrong, he won't know!
HS: Let us take care of this...you are going to stir up some trouble that you don't need.
Me: But, wait! His church doen't know that he is a liar- they don't know what really happened- I need to tell him!
HS: Unless you plan to fly back there and tell each individual, you telling him won't accomplish that anyway. Be still and know that He is God...
Me: but I am mad and it has been over a year and he has never appologized and he told lies about what happened and, and , and...
HS: Hit cancel
Me: but God!!!
HS: Hit cancel...that email will do no good and might cause harm...HIT CANCEL.

I did. It reminded me of something Beth Moore said at the only conference of hers I ever attended:" Shall I defend my flesh or demonstrate the Spirit?"

Thankfully this time I chose to demonstrate His wonderful Spirit. Make me worthy of this, God...I am trying here!

Sleep well guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment